Find information on coronavirus including guidance, support, announcements and statistics:
Public health agency
Recommended information includes:
- Symptom checker for coronavirus
- Testing and contact tracing - link also given below to book a free test
- Advice on face coverings
- Information on the Stop covid NI proximity APP
- Information on Health and Wellbeing
- Advice for vulnerable people
- Helplines network NI information
- Travel advice
TEST and TRACE
Now available free for everyone in NI of all ages if they develop symptoms of covid-19. We strongly encourage you to have a test if you have any of the symptoms.
Please isolate until the result is available.
DO NOT WAIT. You need to get the test done in the first 5 days.
Have you considered downloading the NI COVID app.
This is essentially a proximity app that alerts anyone to significant exposure (<2m for more than 15 minutes) to someone who has tested positive.
It is going to be a vital part of relaxing all the regulations and preventing a second surge. It is NOT mandatory for anyone to download it, but the Department are strongly encouraging people to do so.
British Medical Association Advice
The media have been discussing letters from your GP. The BMA have advised it is not the role of the GP to provide a :
- letter for schools to state that a child is 'covid free'.
- letter of exemption for mask wear
What just happened? Coping with covid-19. A guide to support parents and carers of children.
Safe Guarding NI